1.INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AUDITS
Safety related Legal compliance audits to ensure compliance status against requirements of various Statuary and Regulatory latest requirements as applicable and recommending actions towords achieving full compliance requirements of legal requirements to name few:
- Factory ACT-1948& latest amendments & State Factory regulations.
- Hazardous Waste Management & Handling & Trans-Boundary Rules 1989, 2008, Amendment Rules, 2010
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules-1989 and Amended Rules-2000
- Bio Medical Waste Management & Handling Rules 2003 storage , transportation and disposal rules
- Indian Boiler Act-1923 & Regulations1950,2007
- Gas Cylinder Rules 2004 under PESO rules 2012 & Petroleum Act-1934
- Static and Mobile Pressure vessel Rule- 19, Periodical Hydraulic Test of Pressure Vessels
- Plant tour & interviewing operating personnel to evaluate the present status of implementing safety norms.
- Evaluation of Hazard Identification and Risk analysis and action plans.
- Review of plant layout, infrastructure, facilities, equipment machinery, firefighting network and peripheral roads inside plant and verifying safe distances.
- Evaluation of Process parameters range, safety during normal and abnormal operations situations.
- Identification and Evaluation of unsafe conditions and acts during plant tour.
- Checking Work Permit System suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Evaluation of organizations identification of Potential- Emergencies, their Response System, documentation, implementation audit and mock drill status results evaluation and recommending area of improvement.
- Checking Fire Fighting facilities suitability, adequacy and effectiveness like water reservoir capacity, fire water requirements (fire load) considering two fires simultaneously, fire pump house adequacy, fire hydrant system, water and foam monitors their location and safe distances maintained from buildings and process plants, fire hose and fire hose boxes condition and no. of hoses, hydro test results of fire hoses, hydro test results of fire hoses, location and adequacy of FIRE EXINGUISHERS Type and no. like Dry chemical powder, CO2 , and foam type.
Checking of Fire tenders, Ambulance, First Aid system, Trained First Aiders availability and effectiveness, Fire alarm system and response and their suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. Competency of safety officers and other personnel, training records, checking status of awareness program to all employees, and special training records of Emergency Response team.
2.ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUDITS
We provide following services for Electrical Safety Audits and recommend corrective actions to be implemented by the organizations to improve their Electrical Safety performance to avoid absenteeism and medical treatment expenses, increased production, increased productivity, higher economic growth, confident & highly motivated happy employees and their families and improved brand image of the organization as safe place to work:
1-Checking Compliance status against the requirements of Central Electricity Authority (Safety Requirements for the construction, operation and maintenance of electrical plants and electrical lines) Regulation 2011.Electricity Act 2003 and Electricity Rules 2005 and Energy Conservation Act-2001 and STATE GOVT. Energy Conservation Building code, National building codes, NFPA 70 E- Standard for (Electrical Safety at Work Place) and reviewing the reports of any inspection done by Electrical Inspector or any regulatory agencies and recommending the corrective actions.
2-Checking lay out diagrams, single linediagrams of HT/ LT. Power incoming Substation System, POWER CONTROL CENTER and Motor Control Center, their safety distances from other structures.
3-Checking of double earths of all equipment, Measurement of earth resistance, soil resistivity of the location, earth leakage current. Analysis & Evaluation of earth resistance and recommending corrective actions.
- Measurement of loading in KW and P.F., leakage current to earth of each HT/ LT Feeders for their overload condition and recommending for corrective action .
- Measurement and analysis of cable loading and comparing with their design capacity and recommending corrective action.
- Checking, measurement, analysis and evaluation, calibration of protective relays,their sequential logical operation and tripping functions and recommending corrective actions.
- Checking measurement analysis and evaluation of Insulation resistance of electrical equipment like HT & LT motors, transformers, power control centers and motor control centers, cables and other equipment and conducting test for calculation of Polarization Index and Dielectric Absorption Ratio.
- Visual inspection of all electrical equipment for their conditions, operations, body earthing, neutral earthing, terminal boxes, cable entry, base plate and supporting structures, junction boxes, loose open non insulated connections etc. and checking suitability of equipment according to Hazardous area classification in petroleum and mining installations or where petroleum vapors are likely to be present and whether flame proof, increased safety, N type equipment etc. are provided.
- Checking all electrical equipment for their safe and smooth operation.
- Checking the competence matrix of operational and electrical maintenance personnel.
- Review of log books maintained, earth resistance data, lux level data, plant tour during night to check physical lux levels and dark spot.
- Checking the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) like Apron full sleeve, safety shoes with PVC sole,helmet, H.V. Rubber Hand Gloves, its HV test records, arc resistant face mask etc.
- Checking physical condition, operational and calibration records of portable electrical measuring equipment and recommending corrective action.
- Reviewing past incidents, its investigations, corrective actions implementations and effectiveness.
- Checking and reviewing whether Electrical Hazards Identification and Risk analysis has been done and whether any action plans or there to either eliminate or reduce risk and recommending for improvement.
- Checking and reviewing safety procedures for construction, modifications, erection, testing, operation & maintenance and recommending improvements.
- Checking condition of Lightening Arrestors, its earthing and whether it has operated in the past.
- Checking and reviewing training records of qualified and authorized persons on safe work procedures & PPE, ARC FLASH, Incident Energy etc.
- Checking & reviewing the Single Line Schematic Electrical Diagrams, feeder capacities, short circuit KVA CALCULATIONS FOR BUS BAR AND Circuit Breakers, CABLES, Impedance calculations and comparing with design ratings and suggesting corrective actions.
- Reviewing Electrical work permit system, Lock out / Tag out system and suggest corrective actions.